To match every child in our community who needs or wants a Big Brother or a Big Sister.
Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and. Our program is accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational Success
big brothers big sisters programs start something
National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on the children's lives. By participating, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
more confident in the school work performance
able to get along better with their families
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 54% less likely to skip school
The program is provided at no cost to its participants and it is 73% funded through private donations, United Way of Bartholomew County, Grants and our annual fundraiser, Bowl For Kids' Sake.Enroll a Little / Become a Big!